Thursday, January 5, 2012

What is your goal? How do you believe?



1 Corinthians 9:24–27 (NKJV)
24Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 
25And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 
26Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 
27But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Hebrews 12:1–2 (NKJV)
1Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 
2looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

There are two destinations at the end of this life...  
Heaven or Hell...  
Which will you chose?

How much do you believe...  Where is your faith meter right now?  


Revelation 3:14–22 (NKJV)
14“And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 
15“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 
16So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 
17Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 
18I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 
19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 
20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 
21To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 
22“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”

Run the race to receive the prize, run with endurance...

No comments: