Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Million plus a YEAR but, many more to come...or should I say "go?!"

Here is a video from John Piper about some decision coming from our newly elected president... While I know only a little about Mr. Pipers views and he tends to seem a little mellow dramatic, only for my personal taste, I do not question his motives or views on this matter.



A few more resources on this topic that is so "debated." (The fact that it is so debated is disgusting to me. It should be a hands down no questions asked, NO, on the whole issue of is it acceptable):

Abort73.com is a great site. If you are looking for ways to discuss this issue even without bringing faith into the equation take a look at the argument on this page - http://www.abort73.com/index.php?/abortion/inconsequential_differences

Personal testimony time...
When I was in my early twenties I was not a Christian, far from it. I slept with a girl (ex-girlfriend that I was no longer dating at the time). Then several months later I got a call (may have even been an email, I don't remember) from this girl telling me that she had an abortion (I did not know that she was pregnant).
Why do I tell this story? For a few reasons; 1) to confess where I came from and to show where Christ has led me and is leading me 2) so that no-one can say that I have not been there or don't know what I am talking about 3) so that others know that there are alternatives or there are people they can talk to...
Of course, I was very angry at first. I was angry at her for doing it but, then the anger transferred to myself. I knew better, I even knew that she had had another one in high school. Did this change my lifestyle? Not at all, in fact, I think I got worse. Why, some might say depression but, truth is I loved my sinful ways. Sure I was more "careful" but really, sin is sin.
I now know that not only was I a fornicator but I also took part or contributed in murder. I thank God that he has changed my heart through Jesus Christ so that I know hate the things He hates and love the things He loves. I pray that this testimony is able to help someone at minimum decide it is wrong to abort but, my ultimate prayer is that this leads at least one person to faith in Jesus Christ. We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But by grace through Jesus' blood we are able to be washed and through our continual repentance and faith we are able to be presented holy and clean.

Romans 3:23-26 KJV

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Acts 2:38-39

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Ephesians 5 (New International Version)

3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.
4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a]

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

No comments: