Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Watch this video...

Watch this video...
I don't know anything about Mark Driscoll of Seattle’s Mars Hill Church, but this is an insight that changes the view of a particular verse.



Looking at:

Matthew 27:48

Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink.

Luke 23:36

The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine,

And the cross reference...

Psalm 69:21

They also gave me gall for my food, And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.


This appears to be an accurate account of the gall sponge dipped in vinegar... But I have only done this cursory research to check it...

Aside from the initial nausea (may that feeling never leave you), how should this effect us?

It should enrage you, it should fill you will amazement at what He did for you and me on the cross, it should encourage you even more to get out and tell people of what He did for us, it should take you to your knees in a prayer of thankfulness, it should remind and even encourage you once again that anything we American Christians may suffer for Him is nothing in comparison to what He suffered.

SHAME ON US FOR FEARING SOMETHING AS "HORRIBLE" AS REJECTION AND ALLOWING THAT TO STOP OUR WITNESS. I AM ASHAMED...

Thank you, Lord, for suffering and making a way for me to be imputed with righteousness, despite my filthy flesh. Please, remind me of these verses and Your suffering and love when I get the pathetic fear that prevents me from sharing Your Gospel. AMEN


No comments: