Monday, November 2, 2009

Don't Waste It!!!

God has been pulling at me lately. Really, trying to show me what I am doing and not doing. What is of value and what isn't.
I DO NOT want to waste it. I know I will make mistakes along the way and I am human so I may get side tracked but I will not waste it.
When we are children and even as adults what is the greatest thing we can hear from a parent or teacher at the end of the day?

Well done. Well done.

Matthew 25:21 "Well done, good and faithful servant;..."

The alternative:

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?" And then [Jesus] will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"

We here on earth can barely tolerate a parents rejection. We can still make our own decisions and enjoys God's creation while rejecting Him. While we are yet in these bodies, we are not completely removed from His blessing. It is only by blessing/grace that we are not swallowed up by the ground or simply struck dead. While we are alive on earth, it is not too late to humble ourselves, repent and ask for forgiveness.
BUT,
Once our bodies die... those who have rejected Him, will be forever separated from His presence and cast into Hell. Where they will get what they have always wanted... LAWLESSNESS! No restraint on pain and suffering. It will be eternal, endless, forever... Think that cut on your finger is annoying because it takes a week to heal? There is no healing in everlasting torment.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent from my main point.

No-one should waste their life. But I am mainly talking to Christians right now.

Matthew 13:23 says: But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

If we love the Lord. (Remember, what does it mean to call someone Lord? and what does it mean to live as if that person is your Lord?) Why are we so shy about it? Why do so many remain quiet while the lawless take over the land? Why are there so many that have not heard the Gospel or had it explained to them by a follower/child of Christ?

Why are we so complacent or content in our own little life that we say we care about others but we allow so many to perish without so much as showing who Christ is...


No comments: